How To Make A Claim
HOW DO YOU MAKE A CLAIM? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
IS IT REALLY NO WIN NO FEE?
STEP 1 – Tell us about your Claim
Call Axiom Stone and speak to one of our expert legal advisors about your accident. Tell us when it happened, how it happened and what happened to you as a result?
- Take a detailed statement from you about your accident.
- Take details from you about the losses you have suffered such as loss of earnings, and loss of belongings, etc.
- Speak to people that may have witnessed your accident.
- Contact the Police and/or the Emergency services if they attended to you at the scene of the accident.
- Obtain CCTV footage of the area where you had your accident.
- Obtain your medical records if you suffered an injury at hospital.
- Arrange a hire car, rehabilitation and/or physiotherapy for your to recover from your injury quickly.
- Take statements from your friends and family if they have looked after you whilst you have been injured.
STEP 2 – Assessing your Claim
After gathering as much information as possible about your accident we will assess your claim and advise you whether we can act for you on a No Win, No Fee basis. In the U.K. the law allows a successful claimant to claim part of their legal costs from the unsuccessful party.
If after assessing your claim, we believe that you have a reasonable prospect of success we will work for you without charging you any fees upfront because we believe that you will be successful against the person or company that you believe is responsible for your injury.
Every claim has its own merits and risks. If we are happy with the merits of your claim we will also be happy to accept the risks of running your claim for free but as your solicitors we are entitled to be compensated for the risk we take.
Although the losing party will pay some of your legal fees for running your claim they will not pay us for the risk we take on in running your claim for free. In April 2013, the law in the UK changed and we are now allowed to claim up to 25% of your total compensation if you are successful. If you lose we will of course not charge you any fees at all.
STEP 3 – Presenting your Claim to the Party at Fault
Road Traffic Accidents, Accidents at Work & Accidents on Public Roads/Places
In these types of claims we will complete and submit an online form (Claim Notification Form) on your behalf which contains all of the details related to you and your claim.
What happens next?
The Claim Notification Form is submitted directly to the party at fault and/or their liability insurers who will then have a period of 3 months to investigate your claim. If the party at fault or their insurers accepts liability within three months of submitting your claim we will proceed towards settling your claim (Step 4). If the party at fault or their insurers does not accept liability within three months or if they deny liability we will work towards presenting your claim at Court (Step 5).
STEP 4 – Settling your Claim
The value of the compensation of any injury claim is based on:
- What type and how severe was the injury that you sustained?
- How long have you suffered the symptoms of your injury?
- How long will it take you to recover from your injuries and/or whether full recovery is likely?
- What quantifiable losses have you sustained as a result of the accident? (i.e. loss/damage to your car, loss of earnings, how much care and assistance from friends and family you have needed since your accident, etc.)
In order to calculate the above losses we will:
- Arrange for you to be medically examined by an independent medical expert
- Speak to you, your friends, family and employer to calculate your losses
Once we have assessed and calculated the total value of your claim we will present all your losses to the party at fault and start negotiating terms of settlement.
STEP 5 – Using the Courts to settle your Claim
This can be a lengthy process and is works on the Courts time table.
WHY CHOSE AXIOM STONE?
- Our injury lawyers are experts in achieving maximum compensation in the minimum amount of time.
- We will get you the right treatment, the right rehabilitation and the right settlement for your claim.
- We work to achieve the best for our clients and keep you updated every step of the way.
- We recover more than £3 million in compensation every year for our clients.