In these unprecedented times, Axiom Stone Solicitors will, in common with other businesses, be following the Government's official advice on social distancing and social isolating.

Public health measures must have the highest priority and, as a result, some staff will be working from home. Also, our offices will be closed to visitors.

However, we wish to reassure existing and potential clients that we will continue to provide the highest levels of service.

Please be assured we have a robust business continuity plan in place that is designed to minimise the impact on our service to you.

In addition, please continue to contact us electronically or by phone in relation to the progress of your matters or on any issues of concern to you.

Until further notice, service of claim forms, application notices and all other court documents and contractual notices must be made to our head office only (we shall not accept service through any other means). Our head office address is at Axiom Stone Solicitors, Axiom House, 1 Spring Villa Road, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 7EB. We ask that all other correspondence be sent by email to the relevant member of Axiom Stone Solicitors. In the event that service of court documents or contractual notices is attempted by post, courier, DX, or fax to any address other than that of our Head Office, we cannot provide any assurance that they will be received or processed. We are grateful for your understanding at this time.

We will update this information regularly on our website (Please see COVID-19 Updates Here) and via social media.

Finally, we urge everybody to follow the official advice on fighting the virus outbreak so enabling you to stay safe and well.

X Close Notice

Tel: 0208 951 6989
Request A Callback

Divorce and dissolution of a Civil Partnership


Divorce is the process of terminating a marriage. The marriage must have lasted at least one year before applying to dissolve it. There is only one ground of divorce which is the irretrievable breakdown of marriage. To commence divorce proceedings you must rely on one of five facts to prove irretrievable breakdown of marriage. The five facts are unreasonable behaviour, adultery, two years separation with consent, two years desertion of five years separation. Our family lawyers will support you throughout the whole divorce process from the contemplation of separation through to the final decision with decree absolute being granted by the Court.

We can act for both a petitioner (who applies for a divorce) and a respondent (who responds to divorce petition).  Quite often we are asked how long it can take to conclude the divorce process. There is no such thing as a “quickie” divorce, as most of our client’s will also ask us to deal with their matrimonial financial matters which can have an impact on the length of time to conclude your divorce. You can rest assured that our family lawyers will respond proactively and efficiently throughout the entire process to achieve the best possible outcome for you.  We will keep you informed of progress and provide you time estimates as the matter progresses.

Our Services Include:

  • Preparing your divorce petition if you are the petitioner
  • Respond to the petition if you are the respondent.
  • Proactively respond to any interim application
  • Guide you throughout the process.

Dissolution of a civil partnership

Civil partnerships were initially introduced only for same sex couples along with the Civil Partnership Act 2004.  The law surrounding civil partnerships has recently changed and they allowing mixed sex couples to enter into a civil partnership.  The most significant difference between a civil partnerships and divorce is that to dissolve a civil partnership, an application must be made to the Court for a Dissolution Order. For this application, a civil partnership must have lasted one year and you cannot rely on adultery to obtain a dissolution order.

Our services include:

  • Advising on the breakdown of a civil partnership and exploring your options
  • Applying to the Court for a Dissolution Order and advising you on the requirements and procedure