Innovator visa has been introduced on 1st April 2019, replacing Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa for the new applicants.
Innovator visa is for those who wish to invest in the UK by setting up a business, taking over or joining a business or businesses in the UK.
There are two stages in the application process for this route:
Stage 1 – Endorsement: You need to be endorsed by one of the Designated Approved Bodies, who will assess your business or business idea and inform the Home Office that you meet the qualifying and eligibility criteria to reach the appropriate level to be endorsed under this route.
Once you have received an endorsement letter from the Approved Body, you will then move to stage 2.
Stage 2 – Immigration Application: At this stage, you need to submit your visa application form to the Home Office along with the following:
- Endorsement letter (see stage 1 above).
- Evidence of investment funds: you need to show that you hold a minimum of £50,000 that will be invested in your business or have already invested and if held abroad, can be transferred to the UK. You may rely on funds from a third party. However, you do not need to show any funds if your business is already established.
- Evidence of English language: You must provide evidence that you are either a national of an English speaking country or hold a recognised qualification taught in English or have passed an English language test by a recognised provider at level B1 or above.
- Maintenance funds: You must provide evidence that you are able to maintain yourself and any dependants that will be joining you in the UK without recourse to public funds. This means that aside from your investment funds, you need to have enough money to cater for yourselves in the UK.
- Criminal Certificate: All applicants and their dependants who are over the age of 18 (including your spouse) need to provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country they resided in continuously for 12 months or more, in the 10 years prior to the application.
Once your application is approved, you will be granted with 3 years initial leave. You can apply to extend your leave. You may apply for settlement once you’ve been in the UK for 5 years.
Family members (partners and children under 18) can apply to join you in the UK under this visa. Once your application is approved, you will be granted leave in line with the main applicant’s leave. If you wish to apply for further leave or apply for settlement in the UK, this again will be in accordance with the leave granted to the main applicant.
Making an application
At Axiom Stone Solicitors, we work closely with our clients’ needs and objectives, achieving results in an efficient and timely manner, aiming to continue our relationship once you have secured this visa and beyond. We will guide you through the points scoring nature of business immigration and on how to score the relevant points for this visa, ensuring you are put at ease and to maximise your chances of obtaining a favourable outcome.
To apply for this visa or to make an enquiry, please contact us on 0207 016 9341 to speak to our dedicated team of professionals or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.